When to Mediate
You should consider using mediation when:
- Internal attempts to resolve the conflict or dispute have been unsuccessful.
- Other staff are being drawn into the dispute.
- WorkSafe stress claim has arisen from a workplace conflict that remains unresolved.
- Bullying and harassment claims have been made.
- Workplace conflict is costing the time and energy of Human Resources or management.
- The conflict or dispute is having a negative psychological impact on you and it’s in your interest to address the matter because there is an ongoing interaction or relationship with the other party (e.g. he/she is a work colleague, manager, family member, coach, business partner, separated partner and you both have children to this relationship, teacher/student/parent, etc).